lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011

childhood memory

The biggest childhood memory I have is my dog called Zuly. Probably everyone will ask how a dog can be special. For me Zuly was more than my pet. I truly consider her my sister, or my best friend. She was a beautiful brown dachshund.

The first time I met her was at my mother store. She was a gift from my dad. And the first thing y remember from her was the scratch she made me. She was so beautiful and small, that when my sister and I saw her, the first thing we try to do was pulling her up. Big mistake by the way!  She suddenly turns around and makes a scratch in my face. I cry, because I was 5 years old and it was my first bad experience with a dog.

That day we take Zuly home and as most of the dogs do, she make pi in every corner she find. My mother which is and obsessive cleaner freaks out, and take her out of the house as a punishment. The little dog didn't mind and instead of behave in a good way she destroy one of my mother's plants. This was just another reason for my mother to hate her. For my sister and me these events were just pretty comic, and we were so in love with the dog that nothing will make it look bad at our eyes.

During the next period of time my mother teaches her very well to make her necessities out of the house. We were responsible of taking her to the green area every day, which was an easy rule to follow, because every of our friends were in love with my dog Zuly. She also learn to sleep with my mom and dad in their bed which of course at first was a little disturbing to my parents but then they get used to her. One time my mother get confuse with my father's leg and the dog. She thought she was pulling the dog but it actually was my father’s leg. It was pretty fun when they tell us the story.

My parents used to get out frequently to the movies, or friends reunions. My sister and I always stay home by our selves, not only at night but also during the day because they both work all day long. My mother always says to my dog "take care of the girls" but just as a joke. One night my grandma, who is my neighbor came in the night to check if we were ok because we were alone. For her surprise Zuly didn't let get inside my mother's room, where we were sleeping, and when she step in Zuly try to bite her. Since that time my mom never worry again on living us alone because they    actually realize how this dog cares so much about us.

I get every time more in love which this dog. She was more than just my pet, she was my friend, my protector, my sister, and in a certain way my happiness. She was such an intelligent dog that every time we were sad or crying she always throws in our belly and gives us a big kiss in the face. Fir many people this could sound disgusting, but for us it was the best cure, and the best way to cheer us up. And by these small details our love for her grows each time more and more.

Her intelligence goes that far that she even know the time in which we were suppose to go to the bus. When we were late she starts barking, and runs from the kitchen, where we were taking breakfast, to the door. She also knows how to ask to go out. This was comic because she brings her collar and put it in your feet and of course we were unable to say no. She was also a pretty good hunter; no rat was able to get away from her.

All my childhood was happy and full of laughs because of her. When I was scare the first thing I do was called my dog. I also remember that whenever it was a cockroach in the house she roll over it to kill it. That always makes me laugh. Of course we give her a shower after every dead cockroach.

Because she was told she gets sick. A big tumor came out of her chest. We love her so much that we were not able to see her suffering. For me, after all she gave to us, the least thing we owe her was a happy and not suffered ending. Even though we cry for one week and even now I still drop a tear when I remember her, I am sincerely happy because I know we gave her the princess's life she deserve. Now I know she is an angel and even she is not with me I carry her in my heart.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario