lunes, 12 de septiembre de 2011

The first drastic weather change I experience

The weather, generally speaking, here in Guatemala is very pleasant. It is never too cold or too hot. The best thing about it is that you can use any kind of cloth during the whole year. Of course at December it is colder than in June but it is never a drastic change. And it is always possible to wear a short during December or a sweeter in June. Even though it is not drastic the weather is very wet, which is an advantage because plants grow beautifully. It could also be a disadvantage because if you want your hair to last for a long time fix up, it will take you a pretty hard time to make it.   
Since I was a little girl I always used to spend Christmas in Guatemala with my whole family. For the things I remember, I do have wonderful times with them; I used to eat tamales made by my grandma, my sister, and me, which are pretty good by the way. When start karate, my life start changing a little bit to. Gladly for everyone this was all positive changes.  One of them was what I do at Christmas. The first time I went out of the country, which was also the first time I didn’t spend Christmas with my whole family, I went to Disney world, Orlando.

It was when I was 13 years old. I went with my mom and many of my karate friends. At first I was a little scare because it was the first time I ever went to Disney, and even though I like the rides the feeling of being nervous never lives until you are there. Also, at the same time I was pretty excited because of the new experience I was about to live. I was also pretty happy to shear this experience with my mother and my sister. I was pretty sure it will be the perfect trip.
A sunny day at the beginning :)

The first day we were there, the weather was warm, it was a beautiful sunny day, and it could not be better. It continues that way for 3 more days. For our bad the day we went to the four Disney parks the weather was not as warm as it was before, but steel it was warm. At 3:00pm of that day the weather changes drastically. It gets all the way down to 0° Celsius. Even though I have a sweeter it was not enough for that extreme cold weather, besides it was my first time in weather under 16° Celsius. None of us were prepared for that.
For me it was very impressive to see how the weather changes that much in just hours, and in such a drastic way, from being a sunny day to a total cold day of December. Of course the rest of the day in the park was not as fun as before. I was literary frizzing, I couldn't even felt my hands. My nose was red as a tomato and my feet hurt a lot because of the cold weather. It was the first time of my life I felt so cold, and because the Disney’s sweaters were so expensive, and probably I will never use it again I didn’t buy one.

red nose!!
Even though we were all freezing, we stay in the park making lines for the attractions, because after all we were already there and we will not let a cold weather end all the fun we were having. I also remember that when I get up in the tower of terror I couldn't even open my eyes because of the cold wind. I was that cold that even though it was my first time in that ride I don't even screen. We stay there until 12:00am, after the fireworks end. In the videos I take you will notice how cold the weather was, and probably the last thing you will see in it will be the fireworks because my whole body was shivering with cold. That was the first time I totally lose control of my body, because even though I didn't want to continue shivering, I couldn't control myself.

This was all in New Year’s Eve, and the fireworks are the last thigh I remember doing that day. I was so tired of running in parks, and also with so many cold, that all I want was my bed, and get warm in the house. It do turn to be the best experience of my life, and even though, I still go almost every Christmas to Disney there was not another time like this. I think that not mattering what a weather circumstance is, or if you are freezing, there will never be another experience like that, because of course I never get out in Orlando during this days without a good sweater, so enjoy every single second of your life not mattering in what circumstances you find yourself, because after a while you will regret of letting them ruin your time.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario